Died Wednesday, Sept. 19 in Gladstone.
- 2700 block of Northeast 57th Terrace, Gladstone
- Cause of death
- Blunt force trauma
- Kansas City
Bryan J. Middlemas
A Kansas City ex-convict with first-degree murder in the death of an AT&T technician who was fatally beaten on the job.
Bryan J. Middlemas, 35, was also charged with attempted robbery and armed criminal action in Kevin M. Mashburn’s death.
Mashburn, 58, was clubbed in the head with a crowbar while he was making tower repairs in a Gladstone neighborhood about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Paramedics found Mashburn unconscious inside his truck in the 2700 block of Northeast 57th Terrace.
He was rushed to the hospital but died from his injuries.
Kansas City police arrested Middlemas on Saturday evening. During a search of Middlemas’ truck, investigators found a set of tools with a crowbar missing and they also noted a significant amount of blood on the interior on the rear driver’s side door.
Police have cleared this case.
- OSHA fines AT&T in death of worker after Gladstone attack
- Ex-convict charged in Northland murder of AT&T technician
- Fund established for family of slain AT&T worker
- AT&T worker dies after being assaulted on the job in Gladstone